- THE D&O DIARY (Nov. 21, 2008): European Collective Action Reform and the U.S Model: Compare and Contrast
A look at what form collective action mechanisms may take in Europe and to what extent the processes will adapt or reject features of the U.S. class action model.
- SEC ACTIONS (Nov. 20, 2008): The Sixth Circuit Concludes That Tellabs Lowers Its Scienter Pleading Standard
The Sixth Circuit concludes in Frank v. Dana Corp. that the Tellabs decision reduced the pleading burden on securities plaintiffs in that circuit.
- SECURITIES LITIGATION WATCH (Nov. 19, 2008): We’re Back (Yet Again)
Looks at the specter of cases being filed cooperatively in Canadian and US courts, with discovery in the Canadian action possibly being allowed to be used in the US action.
- THE RACE TO THE BOTTOM (Nov. 19, 2008): Rule 10b-5 and the Statute of Limitations: The Supreme Court Shows Interest
The U.S. Supreme Court has requested the Acting Solicitor General’s views on the issue of standard to trigger the running of the limitations period for securities fraud claims under Section 10 (b).
- DOMINIC WELLING, FT ADVISER (Nov. 18, 2008): Call for FSA to Prosecute More Criminal Offences
Critics say that the UK’s Financial Services Authority has demonstrated a marked reluctance to prosecute criminal offences committed within the financial services sector.
- DOMINIC JONES, IR WEB REPORT (Nov. 18, 2008): Why Almost No One is Complying with Regulation FD, Part II
Dominic Jones follows up on his article revealing that certain investors receive PR wire information before others.
- THE D&O DIARY (Nov. 17, 2008): Credential Inflation: Portrayals, Proceedings and Prose
Kevin LeCroix looks at the issue of credential inflation by corporate executives and securities litigation.
- BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS BLOG (Nov. 17, 2008): The Insider Trading Charges Against Mark Cuban
Prof. Stephen Bainbridge writes that the SEC has a pretty good case, and the central legal issue in this case likely will be whether Cuban assumed a fiduciary obligation of confidentiality with respect to Mamma.com.
‘Enforcement 40’ for 2020
Join Us On LinkedIn
Join the Securities Litigation and Enforcement Group on LinkedIn