- THE 10B-5 DAILY (Jan. 22, 2009): What Does Undue Mean To You?
A new case sheds light on whether a plaintiff suffers undue prejudice if not provided with documents that have already been produced to a government agency.
- THOMAS C. NEWKIRK, IRIS E. BENNETT, AND TAJ N. WILSON, LAW.COM (Jan. 22, 2009): Recent 9th Circuit Case May Impact Litigation Risk in Mergers
A recent 9th Circuit holding could have far-reaching implications with respect to litigation risk for companies making standard warranties and representations to each other in merger agreements when that merger agreement is disclosed to the public as part
- THE FCPA BLOG (Jan. 21, 2009): Satyam Boss Skimmed Cash, Paper Says
New allegations in the Satyam scandal could have major Foreign Corrupt Practices Act implications.
- SEC ACTIONS (Jan. 21, 2009): Three Key Questions About The Future Of The SEC And Securities RegulationThree key issues which will be resolved over the next few weeks and that will shape the future of the SEC and securities regulation.
- SEC ACTIONS (Jan. 20, 2009): A Split Over The Application Of The Class Action Fairness Act to ‘33 Act Claims
Recent decisions by the Seventh and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals have created a split in the circuits regarding the removal of class action Securities Act claims brought in state court.
- DAVID Z. SEIDE AND JONATHAN J. WALSH, LEGAL TIMES (Jan. 19, 2008): To Market, to Market
What then can we expect to see out of the Obama administration? Immediate efforts, especially in the enforcement area; regulatory reform a little further down the road, such as merging of the SEC and the CFTC; and structural change in the long term.
‘Enforcement 40’ for 2020
Join Us On LinkedIn
Join the Securities Litigation and Enforcement Group on LinkedIn