Linda Thomsen, the SEC’s Director of Enforcement, and Lori Richards, the SEC’s Director of the Office of Compliance, Inspections and Examinations will testify at a Congressional hearing on Tuesday of this week into Bernard Madoff’s alleged $50 billion fraud, the Senate Banking Committee said on Monday.
According to the Senate Banking Committee’s website, the full roster of people set to testify is as follows:
- Professor John C. Coffee , Jr., Adolf A. Berle Professor of Law, Columbia University Law School
- Dr. Henry A. Backe , Jr., Orthopedic Surgeon, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Ms. Lori Richards , Director, Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Ms. Linda Thomsen , Director, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Mr. Stephen Luparello , Interim Chief Executive Officer, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Mr. Stephen Harbeck , President and CEO, Securities Investor Protection Corporation