As we just discussed here, the extraordinary resume of Michael Chertoff, Covington & Burling’s newest D.C. partner, includes the following:
- graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School
- clerked for former U.S. Supreme Court Justice William Brennan, Jr.
- served as an assistant U.S. attorney in the SDNY under Rudolph Giuliani
- served as the U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey
- headed the Justice Department’s criminal division
- served as a federal appellate court judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- served as Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
I’m going to call it right now and say that Chertoff has the most impressive resume of any lawyer currently in private practice. Disagree? Provide us with your worthy challengers in the comments below!