The SEC has posted a job opening for what appears to be a newly-created, high-level administrative position in the Enforcement Division with the title of “Managing Executive of the Division of Enforcement.” The responsibilities for the position, which are laid out in detail here, include
- overall management of the Division’s strategic planning, information technology, [and] financial management including budget formulation and execution and human resource administration.
- managing subordinate work groups to ensure the development and implementation of effective financial management and human resource policies and controls and integration of administrative litigation information technology systems.
- assessing the effectiveness of Division work processes and managing business process improvement projects where appropriate to create and maintain optimal workflow through the Division.
- implementing programmatic initiatives pertaining to case management, case priorities, case selection, case filing and allocating investigative resources.
- advising Division management on performance metrics and develops plans to address areas of concern.
The job pays between $146,814 and $220,808, and the deadline to apply is Tuesday, May 19, 2009.