Allegations of securities fraud – from insider trading and Ponzi schemes to fund mismanagement and failure to disclose – continue to dominate the financial media. A panel of securities experts from Analysis Group and Steptoe & Johnson LLP will look behind the headlines and explore trends emerging in white collar criminal and securities regulatory cases — and implications for attorneys who represent the defendants, including individuals, involved in these investigations and prosecutions.
Topics to be discussed in this webcast include
- Trends in insider trading cases;
- Current status of Ponzi scheme prosecutions;
- SEC Enforcement Division initiatives – the Goldman case;
- New perspectives on issues of materiality, the quality of disclosure, and apportionment of risk; and
- The role — and qualifications — of fact witnesses
Our panelists will draw on case experience, including the high-profile Bear Stearns hedge fund managers criminal trial, United States v. Cioffii.
Please join Maureen Chakraborty, Ph.D., Managing Principal, Analysis Group; Michael C. Miller, Partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP; and moderator Marnie Moore, Principal, Analysis Group as they address these issues and your questions in this free webcast.
To attend this webcast scheduled for Wednesday, June 23, at 1 pm Eastern, please sign up below.