2011 and the first few months of 2012 marked yet another dynamic period for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and saw the launch of the UK Bribery Act. The last 14 months included a torrent of enforcement activity, more trials than in any other year in the history of the FCPA, aggressive individual prosecutions by DOJ and the SEC, novel civil law suits piggybacking on FCPA matters, and an increasing interplay between the FCPA and other international laws prohibiting cross-border bribery.
Join a webcast with an experienced panel of anti-corruption compliance practitioners that will cover the key trends shaping anti-corruption enforcement and provide practical views on how companies can update their anti-corruption compliance programs to meet the many challenges facing business today. In particular, the webcast will
- summarize global anti-corruption enforcement trends in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and other key countries;
- recap the latest FCPA trials and their implications;
- address today’s best practices for establishing and refreshing an effective anti-corruption compliance program; and
- look at the importance of risk-based third-party due diligence.
The panel’s collective knowledge, gained from advising clients daily on the legal and business challenges posed in this area, will benefit directors, senior executives, in-house counsel, and compliance personnel alike.
- F. Joseph Warin serves as chair of the Litigation Department for Gibson Dunn’s Washington, D.C. office and as co-chair of the firm’s White Collar Defense and Investigations group. A recognized expert in the FCPA and U.K. Bribery Act, Mr. Warin has served or is serving as FCPA compliance monitor (or counsel to the first non-U.S. FCPA compliance monitor) for three companies.
- Benno Schwarz is a member of Gibson Dunn’s White Collar Defense and Investigations and International Corporate Transactions groups. Based in Gibson Dunn’s Munich office, Mr. Schwarz is an expert in global anti-corruption compliance having conducted corruption-related internal investigations throughout the EU, Russia, and China.
- Michael Diamant is a partner in Gibson Dunn’s Washington, D.C. office and practices in its White Collar Defense and Investigations group. Mr. Diamant is an expert on the FCPA, the UK Bribery Act, and corporate compliance issues.
- Jay Perlman is a director with Navigant’s Global Investigations & Compliance segment of the Disputes & Investigations practice. He has 20 years of legal, regulatory compliance and investigative experience in the financial services and corporate sectors.
To attend this free webcast scheduled for Wednesday, February 29, at 12 pm Eastern, please sign up below.