Securities Enforcement Forum 2013 is a unique, one-day conference in Washington, D.C. that brings together current and former senior SEC and DOJ officials, securities enforcement and white-collar attorneys, in-house counsel and compliance executives, and other top professionals in the field. This year’s conference will take place on Wednesday, October 9, 2013, at the historic Mayflower Hotel in downtown Washington, D.C.
Securities Enforcement Forum 2013 will kick off with an Opening Keynote Speech by SEC Commissioner Troy A. Paredes, and will feature a stellar faculty that will discuss the most important issues now facing attorneys and professionals who work in this area. This year’s faculty includes nine senior enforcement officials from the SEC, DOJ and FINRA; three former SEC Directors of Enforcement (Hon. Stanley Sporkin, William McLucas, and Robert Khuzami); and over a dozen other luminaries in the securities enforcement field.
Securities Enforcement Forum 2013 is also specifically designed to maximize networking and discussion opportunities for attendees, with breakfast, lunch, a cocktail party, and numerous breaks scheduled throughout the day. The conference is produced by Securities Docket, the leading publication in the securities enforcement area and the producer of nearly 100 related webcasts. CLE is available.
Current Faculty and Speaker List for Securities Enforcement Forum 2013:
- Christian R. Bartholomew, Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- J. Bradley Bennett, Executive Vice President of Enforcement, FINRA
- Bradley J. Bondi, Partner, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Joseph K. Brenner, Chief Counsel, SEC’s Division of Enforcement
- Kara Novaco Brockmeyer, Chief, SEC Enforcement Division’s Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Unit*
- Stephen L. Cohen, Associate Director, SEC Enforcement Division
- Deborah L. Connor, Assistant United States Attorney and Chief, Fraud And Public Corruption Section, United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia
- Stephen J. Crimmins, Partner, K&L Gates
- Scott W. Friestad, Associate Director, SEC Enforcement Division*
- Daniel M. Hawke, Market Abuse Unit Chief, SEC Division of Enforcement; and Director of SEC’s Philadelphia Regional Office
- Dr. Graeme Hunter, Vice President, NERA Economic Consulting
- Dixie L. Johnson, Partner, Fried Frank
- Robert S. Khuzami, former Director of the SEC’s Division of Enforcement
- Jeffrey H. Knox, Principal Deputy Chief, Fraud Section, U.S. Department of Justice’s Criminal Division.
- William R. McLucas, Partner, WilmerHale
- Troy A. Paredes (Keynote Speaker), Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Russell G. Ryan, Partner, King & Spalding
- Cheryl J. Scarboro, Partner, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Howard A. Scheck, Chief Accountant, SEC’s Division of Enforcement*
- The Honorable Stanley J. Sporkin (Ret.), Leader, BP America Ombudsman Program
- Thomas A. Sporkin, Partner, BuckleySandler LLP.
- John Reed Stark, Managing Director, Stroz Friedberg
- F. Joseph Warin, Partner, Gibson Dunn
- Martin S. Wilczynski, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting Forensic and Litigation practice
*Confirmed as a panelist pending official SEC approval.