Early-bird registration is now open for Securities Enforcement Forum 2014!
Securities Enforcement Forum 2014 is a unique, one-day conference in Washington, D.C. that brings together current and former senior SEC and DOJ officials, securities enforcement and white-collar attorneys, in-house counsel and compliance executives, and other top professionals in the field. This year’s conference will take place on Tuesday, October 14, 2014, at the five-star, five-diamond Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Securities Enforcement Forum 2014 will feature a Morning Keynote by SEC Commissioner Michael S. Piwowar and an Afternoon Keynote by U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara of the Southern District of New York. For the second consecutive year, Securities Enforcement Forum 2014 will also present an historic “Directors’ Panel” that will include SEC Enforcement Director Andrew Ceresney as well as former SEC Enforcement Directors George Canellos, Robert Khuzami, Linda Chatman Thomsen, Bill McLucas and Judge Stanley Sporkin.
The conference will again feature a stellar faculty – including an extraordinary number of current senior SEC enforcement officials and federal prosecutors, as well as former SEC Directors of Enforcement and over a dozen other luminaries in the securities enforcement field — who will discuss the most important issues now facing attorneys and professionals who work in this area.
Current Faculty and Speaker List for Securities Enforcement Forum 2014:
Morning Keynote Speaker: Michael S. Piwowar, Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Afternoon Keynote Speaker: Preet Bharara, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York
- Andrew J. Ceresney, Director, SEC Division of Enforcement (2013-present)
- George S. Canellos, Partner, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP (SEC Co-Director of Enforcement, 2013-2014)
- Robert S. Khuzami, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP (SEC Director of Enforcement, 2009-2013)
- William R. McLucas, Partner, WilmerHale (SEC Director of Enforcement, 1989-1997)
- Hon. Stanley J. Sporkin (Ret.), Leader, BP America Ombudsman Program (SEC Director of Enforcement, 1974-1981)
- Linda Chatman Thomsen, Partner, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (SEC Director of Enforcement 2005-2009)
- Joseph K. Brenner, Chief Counsel, SEC Division of Enforcement
- Stephen L. Cohen, Associate Director, SEC Division of Enforcement
- Scott W. Friestad, Associate Director, SEC Division of Enforcement
- Daniel M. Hawke, Market Abuse Unit Chief, SEC Division of Enforcement
- Deborah L. Connor, Chief, Fraud and Public Corruption Section, U.S. Attorney’s Office for D.C.
- Jeffrey H. Knox, Chief, Fraud Section, U.S. Department of Justice’s Criminal Division
- J. Bradley Bennett, Executive Vice President of Enforcement, FINRA
- William R. Baker III, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Jonathan R. Barr, Partner, Baker & Hostetler LLP
- David B. Bayless, Covington & Burling LLP
- Bradley J. Bondi, Partner, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Alex Bourelly, Partner, Baker & Botts LLP
- Dr. Patrick Conroy, Senior Vice President, NERA Economic Consulting
- Stephen J. Crimmins, Partner, K&L Gates
- Charles E. Duross, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Jacob S. Frenkel, Partner, Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A.
- Karl A. Groskaufmanis, Partner, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Brad S. Karp, Partner, Paul, Weiss
- Philip S. Khinda, Partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Russell G. Ryan, Partner, King & Spalding
- Thomas A. Sporkin, Partner, BuckleySandler LLP.
- John Reed Stark, Managing Director, Stroz Friedberg
- Michael D. Trager, Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP
- Jonathan R. Tuttle, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Martin S. Wilczynski, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting Forensic and Litigation practice
*SEC Faculty are confirmed as panelists pending official SEC approval.