What a difference a year makes…
On July 1, 2014, the UK Bribery Act will mark its three-year anniversary. While there may not have been a corporate prosecution — yet — there is plenty of enforcement activity in the UK from an investigation perspective with some widely-publicized investigations into flagship companies like GSK.
In this webcast, a panel of leading UK lawyers and professionals will discuss the UK Bribery Act after its third birthday. This webcast is a “must attend” for general counsel, ethics officers and compliance counsel of any business affected by the UK Bribery Act.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear Vivian Robinson QC, former general counsel to the UK’s Serious Fraud Office and now a partner in McGuireWoods London; Barry Vitou, partner in Pinsent Masons LLP’s London office; Richard Kovalevsky QC, 2 Bedford Row; and Julian Glass, Managing Director, FTI Consulting, as they answer your questions and address key topics. Areas of focus are expected to include:
- Anti-corruption enforcement – an emerging trend of big ticket investigations;
- The UK’s increased investment in enforcement;
- A more joined-up approach and the future of the SFO;
- How much? Sentencing guidelines;
- Prosecution v. Deferred Prosecution: what does the future hold?; and
- What every company serious about compliance should do (and are they doing it).